Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Open the windows...

Last night, I went home to a stuffy house. A storm had just come and gone and the air outside was crisp and clean. I was thrilled to be able to open all the windows in the house and "air out" my home. I laid on my couch, able to look outside my front window to see the neighbors' dogs at the house across the street pace by their fence as pedestrians walked by. I smiled while my older pug, Quigley, rushed to the door to bark at each passer-by as if he was going to eat them, although he is quite harmless. (He loves it when the door is open and he can see outside through the screen.) My baby pug, Daisy Lou, just tilts her head as he barks, trying to access if she should also be running to the door to protect their home with her girlish yips.
I'm not really sure why, but it just made my day to be able to nap on my couch with my windows open wide, my puppies napping close by (with one eye open, of coarse... making sure they don't miss another street walker) and the sun shining in. I guess it's just one of those little things that we sometimes forget to take the time to appreciate.

No comments: