Monday, March 14, 2011

To remember what really matters

Today my father has had to make a tough decision about his job. It is a sad day. He has not been able to work due to his health. We have been praying for his healing, hoping for miracles and waiting on the Lord. We know that the Lord is still in control and that He has a plan. Some days, we just wish we knew what it was. My mom has really been so strong throughout this entire process but I know that she is so tired and ready for relief.

Yesterday, a wonderful woman gave her testimony at church. She has had multiple sclerosis for fifteen years and has just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. She can no longer walk. Her testimony was simple. The Lord chose this place for her so she has submitted to His plan and has chosen to praise him through the pain. I cried and went up to her and thanked her after service. I needed to hear that.

I guess I just need to remember that if the Lord does nothing else for me, what He did on the cross should be more than enough for me to live my life joyfully daily for Him.

No comments: