Monday, March 15, 2010

Conversation with Dad

So Andy and I were talking with Mom and Dad Saturday night... and Dad was expressing his concerns over the crazy amount of stress Andy and I have been under the past few months.

He listed just a few of the things we have walked through this year... With me working two jobs to get Andy through college, him working and doing school full time, money always being super tight, then we lost the baby, then Andy had to finish his last semester. So Andy graduated, Christmas was a few days later and then we moved over 100 miles a few days after that. So our new landlady is crazy, Andy could not find a job, I started working a new job a few days after we moved, Andy started the band with the boys, we were having to unpack our house... with continued financial stress and such. Wow. No wonder we are stressed!

Well... I guess I feel a little justified and certainly no longer crazy! Thank God for my parents!

And there is light at the end of the tunnel! Andy started a new job today! With benefits! And he has begun teaching home guitar lessons... so it is possible that I might be able to work part time instead of full time soon! I feel the weight of being the breadwinner being lifted off of my shoulders. And for the first time in 3 years, Andy and I will have a similar schedule! Maybe we will be able to go on our first vacation in 4 years!

So maybe if the stress of life lessens, it might be easier to have a baby! Just have to keep praying!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

YAY!!! Andy got a job WITH benefits?!!! Praise the Lord! I'm so happy for you guys. You need to email me and update me on that news. :) Don't ever forget how many people you have praying for you. God's going to bring you through this....and there will be that reward on the other side. Love you!