Sunday, September 6, 2009

God makes no mistakes...

In church this morning, the pastor said this... and I needed to hear it... "God makes no mistakes". I think sometimes we need a reminder that He is still in control.

Romans 8:28 (We've all heard it a thousand times...) "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." (NKJV)

So no matter what, God makes no mistakes. God is still on the throne.

I really want to handle this storm in a way that pleases God. I do not want to mope and become bitter. I want to thank God for the blessings and even the pain, for I know that God is working this whole situation for my good.

And FYI... I've put new music on my blog playlist. Songs that have been playing in my head throughout this week... songs that have encouraged me. I hope they encourage you.

2 comments:

Jessi Wallace said...

Shontel~ boy, can I relate. I had to remind myself the same thing all the time... and of Pslam 46:10: "Be still and know that I am God." It's so hard... but He does have a reason for everything. When I found out I had PCOS, I didn't understand why someone like ME has it... why couldn't it be a prostitute or a druggy who shouldn't have children? But I learned to remember that God is bigger than everything I am and everything I want. He has a plan. Your little baby is coming... I know it. :)

Tonya said...

It's so amazing how our pastor's were on similar pages yesterday (Sunday). I am going to post all my notes I took yesterday. I wrote about 4 - 5 pages in my notebook. LOL So glad you had a good service. I love you and I am so thankful God is helping you through this storm.