Monday, March 30, 2009

This Christian thing...

So I think I am realizing more and more what this whole "Christian thing" is all about. I think I grew up believing that a Christian is perfect... always does the right thing... always says the right thing... never upsets anyone... Maybe that is the vice of growing up in the church.

Perhaps that is the cause of so many rebellious teenagers in the church... believing that they are to be "perfect" and because they are incapable of being so, they rebel.

In my Bible Study tonight, I really felt slapped with the realization that being God's child really does not mean that you are always doing the right thing. Honestly... most of the people in the Bible were REALLY screwed up! We are doing a study on David... and he was sure not perfect... aldulterer, murderer... he had several wives and concubines... he got angry at God... and yet he was called "a man after God's own heart" by GOD!!! hmm. Paul... one of the most incredible apostles, was a man that murdered Christians.

I'm guessing that if those men could not walk in the right path all the time, then I probably will fail also... and yet God's Grace is PREVIOUS... He already knows when, how and why I will sin... and yet He has ALREADY given me grace for those moments. WOW. It is kind of mind blowing. If I were God, I think I would not be so gracious.

No comments: