Sunday, September 7, 2008

Toddlers and such...

Well, I am officially a toddler teacher.

All I can say is... they kick my butt! I come home every day WORE OUT. Just think... two adults vs. ten toddlers.... *sigh* If I do not lose weight with this job, I will be VERY surprised. *smile*

But honestly, I really love it. I love getting to know the kids, figuring out what makes them tick and why they do what they do... My kids are 12 months to 24 months in age, so communication is a challenge. We have some that love to escape when we turn our back... some that are just sweet and loving... some that pitch fits and some that bite... and it's all about strategy to keep each child happy, clean, safe, fed and still be able to teach them colors, numbers, letters, and about God... Thankfully, I am at a Christian center and so I am able to teach these little ones Bible Stories.

I know there will be some days that I come home and tell Andy "We are NEVER having kids!!!" (Childcare is the BEST birth control). But in the end, I am so thankful for this job and I know I will love each child in my room... and will be sad as they move on to the other classes.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I worked at a daycare for one summer caring for 6 infants. I had them all to myself. It was a really tough job! It was amazing how attached I got to them. I still think about them and wonder how they are. Don't get me wrong that at times it was disgusting (changing all those diapers), but it was a very sweet experience. I'm glad I did it. You'll definitely sharpen your multi-tasking skills. :)