Friday, February 19, 2010

2010

It has been a while since I last posted something. To say we've been busy is the understatement of the year.

Andy graduated from Tennessee Tech on December 19th (Praise God) with a degree in History. Then we had a lovely Christmas with family and friends. Then we moved... the day after Christmas (never move the day after Christmas...ugh) to White House, TN.

I was offered a job at a local daycare here in White House and Andy began to teach guitar lessons at a place not too far from here. We are still praying for a full time position for Andy... but the doors have not yet opened for that, meaning that money is still pretty tight.

I had a wonderful 27th birthday in January. Nana was in town and she made my birthday dinner. (Mom was still laid up from her surgery right after Christmas so we had dinner at her house so she could be there... and since we had just moved.) And then we met friends after dinner and I got to go shopping with the girls... very fun.

On February 3rd, it was five months since we lost our little bean. We really thought that we would be pregnant again by now. It truly has been harder than I expected. Nearly all of my closest friends are pregnant or have little ones or both. I hurt every time they have an ultrasound or any baby news. I have had to battle envy daily.

But each month I am still hopeful. When we do have a child, we know it will be a true gift from God. I just hope that I am obedient and a blessing while I wait.

http://http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWI-iZsIKIk

2 comments:

Jessi Wallace said...

(hugs) It will happen for you. If it can for me, it definitely will for you. What daycare in White House do you work at? We live near White House and of course I'm keeping my eyes open for a place to put Zoey when she's able to go into daycare.

shontel said...

I work at Summit Prep Academy... Christian place... probably the most expensive in the area but a VERY good place for babies...